Workshops will focus on developing immmediate skills.
Participants will learn and practice the skills needed to deal with a suicide emergency both in person and on the phone.
Participants will be trained in crisis-handling techniques that can be immediatly applied.
Participants will learn what to say and what to do to get through a crisis.
Workshop participants will also learn to make sure that they, too, stay mentally healthy when dealing with the aftermath of a suicidal incident.
Suicide Prevention Center, Inc.
P.O. Box 1393
Dayton, OH 45401-1393
Bus. Phone: (937)226-0818
Some things that may be included...
- Learn what to say when the person you must deal with is suicidal;
- Learn what to do to help a suicidal person;
- Learn how to involve additional help;
- Learn how to and when to utilize a three way call;
- Learn how to summon additional help from among your co-workers or the person in crisis' friends/family;
- Learn how to formulate a crisis protocol that works;
- Learn how to assess lethality for suicide;
- Learn how to initiate a rescue when necessary;
- Learn how to work a TTY/TTD for the hearing impaired and how to interface with Ohio Relay for the hearing impaired.
Your facility or one of our choosing
8:15-9 a.m. - registration and networking;
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - workshop
Cost: $125 per person for a full day. $80 for a half day. A minimum number of attendees is required.
TO SET UP A WORKSHOP INDIVIDUALLY TAILORED TO YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS:
- Call (937)226-0818
- Leave name, name of organization and phone number.
- Payment will be cash or check at time of workshop. No cancellations after confirmation date.
A lunch break for full day workshop will be provided;
lunch is not included in the price of the workshop. Attendees may bring a sack lunch or leave the premises. Box lunches and refreshments for morning and aflernoon breaks for full day workshop can he provided at an additional cost.